Saturday, March 11, 2017

A Day in the Life of Connor Kaer.

No automatic alt text available.
Photo courtesy of Connor Kaer

Linn-Benton student Connor Kaer seems like the typical college student; he goes to class, does his homework, and hangs out with friends. He works to pay his bills, and enjoys going on runs when the weather permits. But Connor is atypical from most of his peers. He is obsessed with snowboarding.
"I began snowboarding when I was six, and haven't stopped since." Kaer said. He has since picked up a collection of over 20 boards, and hopes to make his own one day.
"I really love the idea of dropping off a cliff on board I made with my own hands. It seems like a perfect way to start a morning. said Kaer.
Speaking of perfect mornings, during the winter seasons Kaer will regularly head for the slopes at 4 in the morning. "I live for the sunrises from the top of Mt. Hood. I'd drive up there every weekend and every day if I could." He'll spend the whole day on the mountain, and won't leave until night forces him to.
Not only does Kaer have a collection of snowboards, but also a collection of tattoos dedicated to the wintery sport. "I have 'Shred the Gnar' on my wrist, coming from snowboarding slang back in the 80's and 90's." Kaer says he has plans for several more over the coming year.




At a glance:

  • Connor Kaer lives and dies for snowboarding.
  • Kaer is bringing back slang from the 80's with the iconic "Shred the Gnar".
  • Get your lift tickets for Mt. Hood today.
  • Check out the Commuter for other top stories.
  • Follow Camden Jones on Twitter for more stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment