Thursday, March 16, 2017

Week 6 - Journalism 216

Camden Jones
Journalism 216


Topic 1 - Kyle talked about writing the "Hero Lead" for sports stories. This I found intersting because it became clear that I knew to do that all along but hadn't for my basketball story. He also talked about the bipolar reception the newspaper receives about political stories. Lastly he stressed "Dress to Impress." I try to not be sloppy during class (sweats or basketball shorts) too often, but I hadn't even really thought about seriously dressing up for interviews. One tip I found helpful is the idea of following a formula for stories I find difficult to write. This can help with my writing style and keep my writing focused on the story itself.

Topic 2 - My speech was on Cody Cooper's talk about his experience with domestic violence. He has taken it upon himself to promote awareness about DV because some people have told him that because he is a male he couldn't be a victim of DV. It was given on Friday the 10th of March, at the Rock Hard PDX in Portland, Oregon. Before the speech I will talked with Cooper about his intentions with this speech, during the speech I watched the audience's reactions, and after I spoke with a man in the audience and asked him for his thoughts on the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment